The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne, Miami…a truly memorable stay in a remarkable hotel
July 16, 2018
Now we all know that everything in America is bigger and more impressive than anywhere else in the world, The Ritz-Carlton is absolute living proof of that. As you approach the hotel along the palm fringed drive, the manicured lawns and abundant display of plants and foliage the effect is stunning, then as we arrived at the valet parking area on this December evening, the Christmas decorations were the most magical I’ve ever experienced. The huge palm trees were ensconced and enveloped with bright white fairy lights ,creating a palatial and impressive display. The reception area was just as exquisite, the ballustrade wrapped in holly and ivy, with even more Christmas lighting, the atmosphere was completely sumptuous and extravagant, as only The Ritz-Carlton can do.
The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne in Miami, is a truly heavenly hotel in an even more heavenly location.
Bask on the calm golden sands of Miami’s Key Biscayne, the only south Florida location to claim a spot on the coveted “America’s Best Beaches” list by Dr. Stephen Leatherman. Cross the picturesque causeway to an island destination seemingly a world away. The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, a luxury beach hotel, awaits your arrival with the perfect blend of relaxation, culture and adventure.
The hotel has a copious number of facilties, they include:
- A 20,000-square foot Mobil four-star luxury spa and salon
- Complete Wellness and Fitness Center with modern equipment, personal trainers and innovative classes
- Two outdoor heated oceanfront swimming pools and whirlpool
- Four globally inspired restaurants
- More than 30,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet space
- Largest Tennis Center of any Ritz-Carlton with 11 courts designed by tennis legend Cliff Drysdale
- Biscayne Bay water recreation activities at our Florida luxury beachfront hotel include windsurfing, sailing and kayaking
- Five minutes away from the par-72 Crandon Park Golf Course
- Easy access to South Beach, downtown, Miami attractions and the airport
- Renovated guest rooms with stylish, tropical island-inspired décor
- Two oceanfront lawns available for social or corporate functions
- Complimentary car service from the hotel to any restaurant on Key Biscayne Friday and Saturday nights
- Art sculpture tour
- Club on the Beach featuring complimentary beverage service for club lounge members
The suites are sumptuous and extravagant, spacious and elegant they are a haven of oceanic elegance, where a relaxed ambiance, updated technology and spectacular Florida views allow for an effortless combination of business and pleasure in the Miami luxury accommodations. Stylish decor in the 450 guest rooms, including 113 suites, 50 Ritz-Carlton Club Level rooms and suites and a Two Bedroom Ritz-Carlton Suite, reflect the property’s tropical ambiance with custom-designed furniture inspired by the movement of the ocean and sumptuous touches including mother-of-pearl wall coverings, colorful silk fabrics, hardwood entryways and lighting with jewel-like finials. Escape to this luxury Florida hotel for an exception family holiday or romantic getaway.
The hotel has a great selection of restaurants, from casual beach front restaurants to sophisticated A la Carte, there’s nothing this hotel can’t provide for you. It is chic, but a bit flashy, in a classy kind of way. You will be hankering to visit again. It is located in a stunningly secluded and quiet spot on Key Biscayne, far from the hustle and bustle of the madness of Miami, but equally just a short drive over the causeway back to the bright lights of a most exciting city, that really never does sleep.
If you can spare a few hours to yourself, indulge some precious time in the well designed spa enjoying some exotic and relaxing treatments, to get you both beach and red carpet ready. The spa further seeks to enhance the true essence of Key Biscayne’s island oasis through design, colors, textures and tones, setting the resort apart as one of Miami’s only true destination spa through it’s $2 million renovation. Now open and more than ready for business.
We enjoyed all that The Ritz-Carlton has to offer, a lot of our time was spent at the Tennis Club, with its 12 hard and clay courts, and great hospitalty from the tennis pro Mark, we had several amazing hours with our 14 year old son, who was able to practice for the international tournaments that he was taking part in. The courts were great quality and well kept and the coaching ‘world class.’
In a word…The Ritz-Carlton is stunning with a traditional, relaxed and luxurious air about it, we can’t wait to return, the sooner the better and to cap it all off the winter sun was extraordinarily good, we’re all set up for the harsh UK winter!